STA Fly Fishing Guided Trips & Classes
Join the Stream Team!
Join Stream Team Anglers on any of its guided trips and classes. There is something for every level of experience. Choose from one of the options below, or design your own experience.
- Guided Trips
- Guided Walk & Wade or Float Trips - choose either a full day or half day experience. The full day is 6 hours, and includes a simple creek-side lunch and bottled water. The half day is 4 hours. Optional rivers include:
- East Fork or West Fork of the Pigeon River
- Tuckaseegee River
- Jonathan Creek
- Cataloochee Creek
- Straight Fork and other Smoky Mountain creeks
- Scotts Creek, or
- Lower Pigeon River for small mouth bass (summertime only)
- Back Country Guided Wading Trips - full day only; includes a simple creek-side lunch and bottled water. Those who choose this trip must be willing and able to hike up to 10 miles in a single day. Special equipment may be required, and will be discussed in great detail upon purchase. The focus on this trip is the streams of the Blue Ridge or Smoky Mountains for wild native trout and brook (speckled) trout
- Fly Fishing School
- The 50/50 - this is a half day class/half day guided trip. The morning starts out learning about knots, flies, gear, casting, and how to read the water. After a simple lunch, you'll spend the afternoon wading and casting on one of the local rivers.
- The Two-Day Beginner Course - this course is designed for those who are beginners or haven't done much fly fishing. Class size is limited to two people, so you will receive lots of individual attention. A simple lunch and bottled water is included on both days, as well as written classroom materials to enhance your learning.
- Day one covers fly fishing gear and its uses; the lifecycle of insects and why this matters in the sport; the anatomy of a stream (or where to find fish); the basics of casting; and some quality time on the river.
- Day two includes a few advanced techniques and even more time on the river.
- Design Your Own Experience
- Classes available for intermediate or advanced fly fishers
- Overnight back country trips also available
- Or just about anything else you can dream up. Just ask!
Visit Our Store (see the link at the top of this website) to purchase your guided trip and for more information.